This department falls under the Executive Directorate and headed by a manager who reports to the Director General. The following are its functions:
- It oversees all planning for news conferences and prepares packets of information for distribution to the media.
- It distributes news releases, public announcements and responds to media enquiries.
- It coordinates production of Information, Education and Communication materials
- It monitors the media on issues concerning the Authority.
- Facilitates media tours to project sites
- Organises Press receptions and Press briefings
The department strives to build relationships with its stakeholders and duties in this area include:
- Responding to inquiries from the public.
- Producing brochures and other printed materials designed for the general public.
- Managing the website and social media presence.
- Producing a magazine that links MACRA and the general public
- Facilitating group tours of MACRA’s operations for interested communities to appreciate MACRA’s role in the country
- The department works closely with management in developing plans for crisis management. This involves analyzing operations of the organisation, forecasting possible crises and laying down plans for dealing with them proactively.
The department keeps MACRA employees updated on its activities. This is achieved through publication of a monthly newsletter, sending internal electronic memos and coordinating staff meetings where important announcements are made by management.
The department has the responsibility of building relations with international organizations where MACRA is affiliated.
|UN Affiliate||– International Telecommunications Union
– Universal Postal Union
|AU Affiliate||– African Telecommunication Union
– Pan African Postal Union
|Commonwealth Telecommunications Organisation||Commonwealth Broadcasting Association|